Alice has been busy crafting once again to create a beautiful ribbon flower that would be perfect to make your Mum feel special on Mother’s Day! Don’t forget we stock a huge range of craft supplies in our haberdashery so pop in and we’ll help you pick up everything you need!
For this craft you need ribbon, scissors, needle and thread, a button, tape measure and a small piece of material for backing.
1. Measure out a piece of ribbon 4 inches long.
2. Fold the ribbon in half and stitch the end the ribbons together as shown in the picture.
3. Pull the sides of the ribbon together to it looks like a petal.
4. Stitch the top of the back of one side of the petal as shown in the picture.
5. Tie the two sides together.
6. Turn over the ribbon and make it into a petal shape.
7. Make 7 petals and then sew them all together into a circle flower shape.
8. To secure the flower sew a small circle of material to the ribbon.
9. To finish add a button to the centre of the flower.